Meditation tips for stress relief.
Stress and tension have taken a toll on almost everybody’s life in the present lockdown scenario. Everybody seems to be sitting in a pressure cooker and have commitments and deliveries to make on the personal and professional front. There are times when it becomes difficult to handle the pressure and it feels like you might have a nervous or psychological breakdown.
Before reaching that extreme stage, it’s always a good idea to find ways to combat the pressure. In some situations, it may happen that you will need to see a doctor and take medication to overcome the stress and tension from your life. If that is the case, that is ok.
However, there will come a point when you will want to opt for a more homeopathic solution and meditation techniques for stress is absolutely the best natural remedy.
Are you a newcomer to the world of yoga and meditation? Worry not! There are innumerable kinds of meditation techniques for stress that you can start with. You must be thinking, “what will be the requirements to start a meditation practice?” It is simple.
You will just need a serene and tranquil ambience to practice these meditation techniques. You can do these at any time of the day, but doing the exercises right in the morning will keep you fresh and revitalized throughout the day.
Check out 5 Tips to Start a Daily Meditation Practice to jump-start your practice.
Your capacity of handling stress and tension will also improve manifold times. You will feel the change from within and this is where meditation techniques excel over other forms of stress busters.
It can be difficult for some to start meditating and continue meditating long enough to see any benefits, or even figure out what the heck they are supposed to be doing in the first place!
Since there are so many different and sometimes, conflicting messages and techniques out there, it's easy to get confused.
And, that can cause a lot of unanswered questions, and even problems. Problems and questions that make you realize that...
- You don't have enough time to meditate,
- You don't have the right location nor privacy,
- You don't know how to meditate,
- You know how but you're not sure if you are doing it correctly,
- You're not sure which technique/method is the best one for YOU,
- You are not able to "clear your mind" (no matter what or how long you try,)
- You don't know what to expect, or what you should be experiencing during the meditation,
- You can't seem to hold your focus (or do the meditation) for too long,
- You can't sit still... or your body can't handle the stress, strain, or pain.
... or other such problems and concerns (which are all normal and valid, by the way.)
So, how do we solve this problem and put an end to this madness!
Start with these basic meditation techniques for stress relief in your life today!
1. First and foremost, learn to relax. Only when your body is relaxed and free from stress will your mind be able to relax. So the first thing that you need to do is to sit and relax on a chair, bed or mattress, whichever is suitable for you. Try not to lie down.
2. Pay great attention to your posture. This is one of the most important instructions that come with meditation techniques for stress. You must always sit straight while meditating while maintaining the comfort level of your body. Do not overstress your mind and body while meditating.
3. This is a very common thing that is followed in Meditation for Beginners. Move your head slowly in round circles, in an upward and downward direction and side-to-side very slowly. This helps the neck and the shoulders to relax a bit.
4. When you are stressed, your shoulders feel stiff and tight. Loosen your shoulders and lower them if possible. Now try and roll them a few times. Many people practice this stretching technique for stress as it is very convenient to do any place.
5. Last, but not the least, breathe properly and mindfully. Concentrate on the breathing patterns, on the inhale and exhale rhythms and feel your mind and body relax.
Newer technologies are being invented and implemented each day as meditation techniques for stress. These are perfect tools for beginners to start meditation. There are various kinds of audio meditation downloads available on the market that help in maintaining your practice.